The German Skin Research Centre Foundation (Deutsches Hautforschungszentrum DHFZ) was founded in October 2006. Its goals are:
- Generating basic insights into mechanisms of inflammatory diseases on the example of skin diseases, thus contributing to a better pathophysiological understanding and to new therapies
- Performing applied research with modern technologies, establishing and developing these technologies
- Netting activities of existing academic and industrial institutions
- Gaining a leading role in Germany, an important role in Europe and an international top position
- Using the synergetic potential for collaborations with regard to patient-oriented research.